At the Durango-Purgatory Resort itself, there is also a wide range of smaller ski in ski out condos available from under $100K and single family homes as low as $250K within a half mile of the lifts, and a wide variety of newer townhomes right across the highway from the lifts from $400K on up, and of course some beautiful custom single family homes from the 700’s.
Purgatory Ski Area is under new ownership with a lot of new changes within the community being made:
In addition to the Community Park and the mountain amenities that constitute the project’s main active recreation areas, the community will also feature:
- Neighborhood fitness centers, community centers, pools and spas located in commercial space and/or community buildings within many of the villages or neighborhoods.
- A summer tent/amphitheater for festivals and performances slope-side at Purgatory Village.
- A community-wide trail network that connects to the western mountain trails, the eastern valley trails, and the aqueduct trail to the north and south.
- Cross country ski trails and neighborhood access trails leading from all residential neighborhoods to and from the Community Park and to trails on adjoining Forest Service lands.
- Public trailheads in the Gelande parking lot, in the Community Park, at the Forest Service road, and elsewhere as necessary to provide reasonable, yet controlled, public access to the trail system.